Thermal Imaging is also referred to as Infrared which is an innovated, non-invasive mechanization that gives inspectors the ability to uncover information about the mold in a client’s home or building that would not be visible to them when using standard methods of inspection. Thermal Imaging can recognize and record moisture invasion, unpredicted hotspots, and loss of energy.
- In Reference to Energy loss, an IR camera can identify:
- Air penetration in floors, ceilings, walls, doors, and windows. And heat loss.
- Heating systems malfunctioning or has been damaged.
- Leaks in air-condition compressor.
- Seals that have been broken in double-paned windows.
- Leads to energy loss due to missing frame members.
In reference to detect moisture intrusion, an IR camera can locate:
- Plumbing leaks.
- Roof leaks that are not visible and may lead to damage.
- Wet insulation that’s been misplaced or destroyed.
Moisture and water penetrations that could lead to structural harm and mold. based on the color gradients that thermal images provide, an inspector can visually see:
- The loss of energy through shelter tubes left by boring wood-destroying insects and potential infestation of pests.
- IR camera detects the presence of invaders such as mice, rats and other pests due to their heat signature.