Blog

Mold: Is It Harmful to Pets?

Mold: Is It Harmful to Pets?

Mold is seen as a possible health hazard. While not every form of mold is harmful to everyone, you and your family are putting your health at risk if you have mold in your home.

However, many homeowners are unaware that mold exposure can cause health problems in people and animals. Mold may make your dog or cat sick or even kill them if exposed to the worst varieties of mold.

How Can You Keep Your Pets Safe from Mold?

The first step in keeping your dogs safe from mold is to prevent mold from forming in the first place, or better yet, call the mold testing specialists in Brooklyn. An infinite number of mold spores float around in the air at any given time. You don’t want these mold spores to stick to your home’s surfaces and create colonies.

Here are some suggestions for preventing mold growth:

Examine the property’s high-risk areas.

Take a careful look at some of your home’s high-risk zones. The most important thing you can do to reduce the chance of mold formation is to do this. Walls, wooden furniture, carpets, crawl spaces, roofs, ceilings, garages, and any locations with plumbing are examples of these areas.

Even if you can’t detect mold in these high-risk areas, you should check for leaks or water damage. If there is, you should always suspect hidden mold and seek professional help from a mold remediation specialist.

Purchase HEPA filters as well as a hygrometer.

HEPA filters are suggested because they are the most effective at eliminating tiny particles from the air. Purchasing a tested filter from a reputable vendor ensures that mold spores will be removed from your indoor air.

If you don’t already have one, invest in one. Choose digital gadgets that display your home’s humidity levels. Mold development is always a problem when there is a lot of dampness in the air.

If you notice that your home has a high degree of humidity, it’s critical to eliminate the extra moisture. You make it simpler for mold spores to stick to surfaces and spread if you don’t.

Make it a habit to avoid mold after using common items.

Finally, you can make little adjustments to your daily routine. After cooking or showering, make sure to turn on the exhaust fans—the increased air circulation aids in the removal of small water droplets from home surfaces. You may also use ceiling fans and open your windows (if the weather is nice).

Is Mold Harmful to Pets in a Nutshell?

When discussing the dangers of mold, most homeowners concentrate on individuals. Mold exposure, both acute and chronic, can produce several symptoms in dogs. Mold should not be allowed to harm your cats or dogs.

Pets usually inhale mold spores. There are situations when a rapid exposure causes no symptoms. That doesn’t rule out the possibility of long-term consequences. Taking all required efforts to eradicate mold risks from your house and keep your pets safe is always a smart idea.

You can identify, remove, and prevent mold from harming you and your pets with the expertise of NY Mold Specialist. If you’re seeking competent mold removal experts in Long Island to keep your property mold-free, give them a call now.