Edit Content

We're Available 24x7 at Your Service

Edit Content

We're Available 24x7 at Your Service

Blog

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Handle Mold on Your Own

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Handle Mold on Your Own

Mold is the last thing anyone wants to discover in their house. But, unfortunately, some of you come across the silent intruder growing behind your cupboards and walls. If you are one of them and wondering how to get rid of it, the simple answer is you don’t do it yourself and hire professionals to come in and clear up the mold for you.

We are not against most DIYs, but not all DIYs can solve your problem. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should not handle mold yourself:

  1. You Have Absolutely No Idea What You’re Up Against.

    You may think that a mold is a mold. But mold comes in various forms, some of which are more dangerous than others, for example, black mold. You may not figure out what you are dealing with but, a seasoned mold remediation service will conduct a series of tests and collect mold samples to figure out.

  2. You Can Feed the Mold.

    You may unintentionally aggravate the situation by trying to clean up mold on your own. As water is one of the main ingredients in almost every household cleaner on the market, it is also one of mold’s primary food sources. Therefore, using these products only feeds the mold and worsens the situation.

  3. You Can Get Health Issues.

    Cleaning up mold in your house is a big deal! While cleaning mold, you can run the danger of releasing mold spores into the air. As a result, you inhale even more of that dangerous chemical, as well as spread it to other parts of your home. But professionals make sure to enclose the workspace and use special equipment to remove mold spores from the air, preventing the spread of the disease. Some issues you can suffer from are:

    • Headaches
    • Sinus problems
    • Fatigue
    • Fungal infection
    • Aggravated asthma

  4. You Can Cause More Damage.

    When you try to clean up mold with the wrong chemicals or treatments, the mold can react to certain substances or solutions, causing more spores to spread throughout your home. Professionals will examine the molds in your home and determine the best solution to cure them without causing damage to your home.

  5. You May Miss a Spot.

    Mold removal will require more than elbow grease. Unfortunately, all standard DIY chemicals, such as borax, vinegar, and even bleach, are not correct for deep cleaning. As a result, you may miss out on some spots, but certified professionals will detect mold in even the most unexpected places in your home and clean the affected areas thoroughly.

To Summarize

Now that you understand why you should not waste your time and money attempting to clean up mold yourself, you may be looking for a professional mold removal service to do the job correctly. If you require mold removal in Nassau County,  contact New York Mold Specialist to have any mold in your home removed effectively.

Schedule Your Appointment

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a mold inspection or removal service, please fill out the form below.